Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Choconutoholic...

Growing up, I was never a big fan of chocolate.  I could eat a piece or two if I had it, but I rarely craved it.  Somehow my taste buds changed as my wrinkles arrived and my responsibilities in life increased. I enjoy the smooth texture of almost anything chocolate as it simply melts in your mouth.   But things really took a turn for the worse about 4 years ago.  You see, I discovered the divine combination of chocolate and peanut butter.  My favorites are Reese's peanut butter eggs, cups, and pieces.  However, I have been known to melt my own chocolate chips and mix the sinfully smooth stuff with a spoonful of peanut butter during a late night craving.  The worst part is that I pass my obsession along to others.  I have converted my "chocolate only" husband into a peanut butter brownie fanatic!  I deliver Reese's cups to friends as a pick me up.  I even triple wrap treats so I can spoil my children't teachers with peanut butter balls.

Today, while surfing some of the various baking websites, I discovered a recipe for chocolate cupcakes with  peanut butter icing and topped with a peanut butter cup (Butter Babies Bakery), Nutter Butter chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookies (Serious eats), and then I found chocolate cake balls smothered in peanut butter and dipped in chocolate (Say It So Sweetly).    As a person who thoroughly enjoys baking, I am torn.  Do I indulge in making the new recipes realizing that I will most definitely consume large quantities or do I resist the temptation and miss out on a simple joy?  I am at a cross roads.  I either need an intervention or I need an IV, but I can't decide which one.

No comments:

Post a Comment